Thursday, June 24, 2021

Corridos Perrones, No. 211

A couple of years ago, I came across some Mexican adult comics covers. I was totally fascinated with them. Not because they are totally politically incorrect with their grotesque, violent and sexual content, but how they are well-drawn and skillfully rendered.

 
In researching them, I came across this website. And to my astonishment, I discovered hundreds and hundreds of them.

 
Recently, I managed to buy an original illustration for one of the covers pencilled by
Oscar Bazaldua and gouache-painted by Ivan Santillan. Probably two of the most talented artists that worked on the covers of these comics. When I got the original, I was a little bit puzzled on why the artist decided to awkwardly hide the feet of the female character. When I managed to find the cover the art is used for, I discovered that the feet are covered by letters. Time management.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment