Thursday, June 20, 2024

Today on the Streets of Zagreb, Croatia

My billboard and poster announcement design for the 13th Miroslav Krleža Festival are on the streets of Zagreb, Croatia again today for the third time. 

Miroslav Krleža (1893-1981) was the most celebrated Croatian writer. In 2021, I was asked to create a poster and billboard for the 10th Miroslav Krleža Festival. I created Krleža’s profile wearing his characteristic hat, and because one of his most famous novels is titled Zastave (The Flags), I made his profile out of all incarnations of Croatian flags during his lifetime.

Originally, the organizer of the festival, Teatar Poezije Zagreb, assigned a new poster design every year. Because they were pleased with my designs they have used it every year since.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment