Tuesday, October 26, 2021

My Poster Design in Asia-Pacific Design No. 17

APD/Asia-Pacific Design is one of the most authoritative professional design yearbooks in the Asia-Pacific region, and it has published 16 volumes by Sandu Publishing since 2005.

I am very pleased that the new 2021 volume features my poster design for the Ulysses Theater in Croatia. This is the third time that my work has been selected for the APD yearbooks.

The Ulysses Theater was established in 2001 by one of Croatia's most famous contemporary actors Rade Šerbedžija along with his project partner, the writer Borislav Vujčić. Nearly all summer performances take place beneath the open sky in the 150-year-old Austro-Hungarian Fort Minor in Brijuni National Park. Despite a classical repertoire, their productions can be very grunge, partly because of their environment.

When I was invited to create the posters and billboards for the 20th anniversary of the theatre, I decided to create something in that style, classical / grunge. To get the appropriate typography I chose my go-to hand-letterer Nicky Lindeman.

You can see more about the project here.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment