Tuesday, October 1, 2024

My latest acquisition, Bob Lubbers (as Bob Lewis) "Secret Agent Corrigan" daily comic strip from 1966. Secret Agent Phil Corrigan stars in this aviation-themed adventure alongside Miss Perkins. It was created in ink over graphite with Duotone chemical shading board.


This strip has a bonus: Bob often included rough pencil corrections or sketches on the back. In this case, it's interesting to see how he changed the airplane's direction, creating a more dramatic composition.


This isn't the first Bob Lubbers "Secret Agent" comic strip in my collection; I actually own quite a few. See here.

I also have his "Robin Malone" and "Tarzan" strips. See here.

 

really appreciate his stylization and the balance between realism and cartoonish drawing. As my friend Zoran Djukanovic said, "He is very, very talented. There is such ease in his heart and his hand."

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment