Thursday, October 17, 2024

Stories From The Bible by Nestor Redondo

I recently acquired these two pages of the ongoing series Mga Kasaysayan Buhat Sa Bibliya (Stories From The Bible) published by Redondo publishing company in the 1960s. 

The seller attributed them to Tony DeZuñiga. Unfortunately for the seller and fortunately for me, I think the attribution was wrong. After seeing the drawing, I have no doubt that the art was done by Nestor Redondo.

Nestor P. Redondo (1928 – 1995) was probably the most famous Filipino comics artist. He is best known for his work for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, and other American publishers in the 1970s and early 1980s. In his native Philippines, he is known for co-creating the superheroine Darna.

I already have one page of Redondo's comic from the 1970s in my collection. You can check it out here




 

No comments:

Post a Comment